Cold Weather Pasta: Marie-Chantal's Pesto Recipe
16th December 2021
- 2 Cups Freshly Washed Basil Leaves (sometimes I'll put half spinach in to give kids more greens)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese and Grated Romano (for a smoother taste)
- 1/2 Cup Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (Greek being my preference!)
- 1/3 Cup Pine Nuts (I have also tried pistachios which is creamier and quite delicious)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (To your preference but don't forget the cheese is quite salty.)
- A Few Grinds of Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Throw all ingredients into a food processor. Sometimes I like it smooth and other times a bit grainier, so pulse it to your liking!
- Cook pasta and here I like a prettier pasta like a fusilli or gemelli pasta. Cook to al dente so it's firm and not soft, as there is nothing worse than soft over cooked pasta.
- Once drained, spoon in the pesto in small batches so I don't overcook the cheese in the pesto. Once mixed in you can season to taste
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Have a question for MC?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Us On Spotify
Browse MC's recommended playlists for bathtime, playtime and then when baby has gone to bed, grown-up time.